Heartland Women's Healthcare, an Advantia Health partner is GROWING and looking to add a member to our team. We are seeking a friendly and organized Medical Receptionist to join our growing healthcare team. This position will work Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in our Waterloo, Illinois clinic and Tuesdays at our Shiloh, Illinois clinic. In this role, you will work at the front desk of our medical office and assist our patients and other visitors. Your primary job duties will include greeting and checking in patients, answering questions, collecting patient co-pays, processing paperwork, and scheduling appointments. You will also help keep our records and work areas clean and organized, as well as ensure our office provides a welcoming environment for our patients.
COVID-19 vaccination (or an approved request for accommodation) is a requirement of employment.
· Greet patients and other visitors when they arrive in a prompt, courteous and helpful.
· Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
· Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
· Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
· Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
· Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
· Has patient complete the “Patient Information Packet” which includes but is not limited to the following forms: “agree to pay”, “HIPAA form”, “Demographic form”, “Consent for the Use or Disclosure of Protected Health Information” form.
· Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
· Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
· Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
· Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
· Maintains operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Completion of a certificate program in the medical field preferred
· 1+ years of experience working as an administrative assistant or in a relevant role.
· Familiar with medical terminology, body systems, anatomy, physiology and concepts of disease.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Punctuality and attendance is required.
About Heartland Women’s Healthcare:
Heartland Women’s Healthcare, an Advantia Health coordinates convenient personalized healthcare for all women in all stages of life utilizing innovative technology within a warm and welcoming environment. Our team of Doctors, Certified Nurse Midwives and Nurse Practitioners offer a full range of obstetric and gynecologic services through our multiple offices located throughout Southern Illinois, Poplar Bluff and St. Louis, Missouri.
Learn more at: www.usaobgyn.com.
To provide the highest quality patient care available, Heartland Women’s Healthcare is partnered with Advantia Health. Advantia is transforming healthcare for all women – setting a higher standard of care and convenience while reducing unnecessary costs. Compassion and value inspire everything we do. We take time to listen, answer questions completely, and offer helpful technology between visits so that our patients are empowered and at ease. Alongside coordinated care, Advantia is pioneering care models that align incentives with the best interests of women and their families.
Advantia is expanding quickly through organic growth and acquisitions, providing direct care through more than 200 providers across 60 locations, serving over 430,000 patients at our OB-GYN and coordinated specialist offices. Advantia also enables health plans, state health organizations, hospital systems, and employers to deliver high-value care through technology products.
Learn more at: www.AdvantiaHealth.com