Lab Assistant, Swansea, Illinois
Heartland Women's Healthcare, an Advantia Health partner is GROWING and looking to add a member to our Lab team! The successful candidate will communicate clearly and frequently with our team to ensure the highest level of care for our obstetrical and gynecological patients. We are looking for a candidate who would like to work on a PRN basis and fill-in for a Lab Assistant while they are out of leave.
Lab Assistant Responsibilities
- Process, handle, transport and refer of all types of laboratory specimens and reports as required by laboratory procedures and protocols.
- Perform data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Limited laboratory testing and assisting technologists in all appropriate test methods as required.
- Process billing information.
- Maintain patient and specimen information logs.
- Provide superior customer service to all patient and clinic personnel.
- Assists with the proper storage of hazardous materials, including monitoring and organizing reagent/supplies inventory.
- Perform equipment maintenance, bench cleanup, and decontamination
- Maintain personal skills competencies and assure education needs are met to comply with licensing and accrediting standards and regulations.
- Assists laboratory manager on ongoing regulatory clerical duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Travel to additional sites when needed.
- Clinical laboratory experience or phlebotomy experience is a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Monday to Friday
- Possible Saturday
- 8 hour shifts
- Good written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent competency with computer navigation and data entry
- Clinical laboratory or phlebotomy experience
- Knowledge with word and spreadsheet processing computer software