MLT/MLS, Swansea, Illinois
Heartland Women's Healthcare, an Advantia Health partner is GROWING and looking to add a member to our Lab team! The successful candidate will communicate clearly and frequently with our team to ensure the highest level of care for our obstetrical and gynecological patients.
- Performs a full range of laboratory tests from simple blood tests to more complex tests.
- Operates complex electronic equipment, computers and precision instruments.
- Performs periodic maintenance and assists with the calibration of instruments.
- Assists with the proper storage of hazardous materials, including monitoring and organizing reagent/supplies inventory.
- Follow laboratory procedures and protocols for patient specimen handling, processing, and reporting.
- Perform quality control assessments and routine instrument maintenance using accrediting agency standards and manufacturer specifications to assure the validity of laboratory test results.
- Maintain personal skills competencies and assures education needs are met to comply with licensing and accrediting standards and regulations.
- Assists laboratory manager on ongoing regulatory clerical duties
- Perform equipment maintenance, bench cleanup, and decontamination
- Clinical laboratory experience is a plus
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree in medical technology, chemical, physical, or biological science required. American Society Clinical Pathologist (ASCP) certification or equivalent preferred. One year of experience in healthcare laboratory preferred
- Monday to Friday
- Possible Saturday
- Must have a current National Certification by ASCP, NCA or equivalent registry.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge and experience with molecular biology techniques and assays is preferred.
- Medical/clinical laboratory: 1 year (Preferred)